About Your Practitioner
I have always been fascinated by science, in particular human biology and the reasons why our bodies may encounter health concerns. This interest led me to originally training in Biochemistry at the University of Southampton graduating with a BSc and a PhD. I went on to work in scientific research firstly in obstetrics and later in targeting therapies for cancer treatment.
I then took a family career break and it was at this point I became interested in complementary therapies. The appeal of reflexology as a therapy suitable from birth through to the elderly led me to gaining a Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Reflexology. I am particularly interested in the way reflexology may help with fertility issues, pregnancy care, female health, the menopause as well as the benefits it has shown for babies, toddlers and children.
I am a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (AoR) (http://www.aor.org.uk/) and work to their high standards of professional practice. The AoR, founded in 1984, is the foremost professional reflexology association and provides benefits, advice and guidance to reflexologists. The AoR also works with other external bodies and advisory groups to ensure the highest standards are met by its members. I am also fully insured with the Alan Boswell Group which is endorsed by the AoR.
My Reflexology Training:
- Level 3 ITEC Diploma in Reflexology: including Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology. Passed with Distinction.
- Qualified in Baby reflex for Babies and Toddlers: Please see www.babyreflex.co.uk and my Baby and Toddler Reflexology Classes page for further details. An Association of Reflexologists approved course.
- Maternity Reflexology Part 1 and Part 2: Fertility, pregnancy, labour and postnatal care. This was held at the Central London College of Reflexology with Michael Keet. This course was approved by the Association of Reflexologists.
- Hot Stone Reflexology: This was held by Sally Earlam and is a recognised course by the Association of Reflexologists. Please see http://www.sallyearlam.co.uk/hotstone.html for more details.
- Introduction to Reproductive Reflexology: Speaker - Barbara Scott from Seren Natural Fertility (http://www.serennaturalfertility.co.uk). An Association of Reflexologists approved course.